As a UI/UX Manager, you will lead the designing of simple, fluid, and pragmatic user experiences for Deriv’s portfolio of products and services. You will stay up-to-date on the latest techniques /trends in fintech and contribute to designing stellar solutions. This managerial role works with designers, product managers, and engineering globally. You will be responsible for strategic team building, fostering team growth, and enabling and utilising their design thinking to ensure that Deriv continues its journey to become the world’s premier online broker offering the best trading experience.
- Lead the team harmoniously with the product strategy, UX ecosystems, and user needs.
- Bring the user’s perspective (needs and hurdles) while defining the user experience of Deriv’s products and services.
- Advise the UI/UX design team on the best practices to ensure quality, accessible, and easy-to-use designs for traders around the globe.
- Support the Vice President of UI/UX to implement the product strategy company-wide by defining goals, priorities, work processes, technology systems, requirements, etc.
- Play an active role in the design of all product experiences, including web and mobile applications, for a global audience of customers and partners.
- Lead the design discussions about any projects and be involved in and responsible for all design solutions created by the UI/UX designers.
- Manage the team’s OKRs and use them to be transparent about their main work focus.
- Manage the team members aligned to product squads — stay up-to-date on the latest developments within each squad, discuss ways to improve and expand features, and build new products.
- Plan the next career level for each UX team member, observe their professional growth, and reward them according to merit.
- Implement an innovation culture by applying design thinking techniques and encouraging discussions about a future vision.
- 8+ years of UX design, visual design, and user research for consumer-facing digital products
- Track record working in complex, collaborative, cross-functional teams with strong influence, communication and partnership skills
- In-depth experience in design — from planning to multiple iterative releases serving millions of users
- Experience driving qualitative and quantitative data-driven approaches to make UI/UX decisions
- Hands-on experience in front-end technologies
- Ability to coach and groom talent and proactively develop employees
- Ability to distil complex processes into simple, clear user interactions
- Team spirit and enthusiastic approach to new challenges
- Excellent spoken and written English communications skills
What’s good to have
- Experience in digital financial consumer products, e.g. digital banking or other fintech products.
- Market-based salary
- Annual performance bonus
- Medical insurance
- Housing and transportation allowance
- Casual dress code
- Work permit