As a Back-end Engineering Manager, you will spend 30% of your time reviewing code and solving technical issues and 70% on people management. The role’s higher goal is serving the team’s needs according to our leadership philosophy. Our leaders take it upon themselves to help their team members perform at their best, work with their colleagues, and progress in their careers.
It’ll be your ambition to build your team for success. You’ll hire top talent, mentor team members, and put them in positions that lead to increased team efficiency and individual growth. You’ll also ensure that your talented developers have what they need to meet deadlines and produce excellent results.
- Provide leadership to our growing Back-end team based in countries worldwide.
- Build, coach, and retain a high-performing team capable of overcoming challenges and delivering results.
- Hold regular one-on-ones with all the members of your team.
- Collaborate with project and product managers to strategise for the Back-end team’s share in the timeline of each project.
- Ensure standards and deadlines are met through team leads’ planning and task delegation.
- Triage and manage issues to avoid bottlenecks and keep the team’s efficiency high.
- Ensure the quality and responsiveness of applications and participate in documentation, development, architecture, and audit efforts.
- Encourage creativity and innovation for systems and processes that enable the team to succeed.
You’ll be part of the Back-end team responsible for designing, developing, testing, and debugging the company’s server-side apps and databases. In collaboration with the QA team, we investigate and resolve technical issues. We empower the Front-end team by providing the components and features that they need. We aspire to create a stable and performant digital environment that our customers and developers can use without compromising their experience.
- 3+ years of experience in leading software development teams
- 7+ years of experience in coding
- Remarkable management skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with and achieve consensus among stakeholders
- Expertise in programming languages, preferably Python, Node.js, C/C++, Go, Java, or Ruby
- Proficiency in agile development and managing agile workloads in cross-functional teams
- Working knowledge of Nginx, Redis, Git, and Docker and familiarity with microservices and scalable systems
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
What’s good to have
- Experience with asynchronous programming and scalable systems
- Experience with relational database design and/or open-source RDBMS systems such as MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of Perl or Node.js
- Background in Linux and other open-source platforms
- Market-based salary
- Annual performance bonus
- Medical insurance
- Housing and transportation allowance
- Casual dress code
- Work permit