About the job
Mozn is a rapidly growing and leading data science & product development firm based in Riyadh with a proven track record of excellence in supporting and growing the analytics ecosystem in Saudi Arabia.
Mozn is a trusted analytics partner for the largest government organizations in Saudi Arabia, as well as many large corporations and startups. We are in a critical stage of scaling the company to build institutional analytics knowledge within Mozn and Saudi Arabia. It is an exciting time to work in Saudi Arabia; through Vision 2030, the rate of social and industrial change is staggering.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Mozn, you can expect to work on problems that are of national scale and importance. Often, the projects we work on end up forming the foundation for a data science function in the client organization; this is a unique opportunity to build systems from the ground up at a massive scale, changing the lives of millions of citizens. Our team has some of the best national and international talent from institutions such as MIT, Stanford, Google, Expedia, McKinsey, J.P. Morgan, and others.
As a Senior Software Engineer, your daily workload might include:
- Develop a deep understanding of the relevant business areas and various components in the stack.
- Take ownership of, architect, build and scale business-critical services.
- Be introspective, always trying to improve yourself and the team around you.
- Participate in a DevOps / agile team – full lifecycle and full-stack – including design, development, testing, planning, backlog grooming, and support.
- Design and Develop REST API’s for internal and external consumption.
- Develop and maintain related application code – full-stack development.
- Develop unit tests to run in a continuous integration environment.
- Identify and implement best practices for coding as well as development processes.
- Perform as a trusted contributor requiring little to no supervision and demonstrating the ability to meet deadlines, exceed goals, and create benchmarks for success.
- Collaborate with Project Management and Product Management and other professionals within your team and across the organization.
Our target profile is candidates with…
- MSc/BSc in Computer Science or any related fields.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role is preferred, professional certifications are a plus.
- Solid communication skills and the ability to convey technical solutions to the end-user.
- Solid experience of Python and C programming languages with demonstrated drive to learn and progress in the technical skill and nuanced art of development.
- Experience with software revision control tools such as Git.
- Ability to explain sophisticated system issues.
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles.
- Experience with the integration of data from multiple data sources.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB.
- Ability to work with a large interdisciplinary team on modeling complex engineering problems within an optimization framework.
We think you’ll enjoy working at Mozn. Here’s why:
- We selectively choose to undertake projects with impact; our users and clients trust us to solve mission-critical problems.
- We move quickly, but carefully and confidently. Iterations happen on the scale of days to weeks, and we invest considerable effort in minimizing the operational overhead to empower you to do your best work.
- You will be given a lot of responsibility and trust. We believe that the best results come when the people responsible for a product are given the freedom to do what they think is best.