Presight AI is seeking an innovative, creative and experienced Senior Backend Engineer to build the structure of advanced software applications by writing flawless business logic, server scripts, and APIs.
You get to play a key technical role in sustaining and optimizing the infrastructure that develops and delivers cutting edge, next-gen analytics solutions at Presight.
Presight is UAE’s leading Analytics-driven, Cloud first, AI-enabled company with a deep focus on driving digital transformation in the MENACA region to power the next generation of cities, businesses, and industries. When it comes to challenges faced by organizations in the MENACA regions, Presight has in-depth knowledge and expertise. Presight enables public and private sector stakeholders to make analytics-driven, intelligent decisions. Its solutions help steer digital transformation and simplify its customers’ challenges across various industries, including digital governments, national security, national cloud, healthcare, financial sectors, and infrastructure.
Founded in 2020, the company is headquartered in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Presight has developed transformative products/solutions which enable its customers to gain a stark competitive advantage by integrating AI, deep Analytics and ML in their digital transformation. The team of over +190 staff includes domain specialists, operations experts, data scientists, solution architects, software developers, engineers and data analysts from different countries – all committed to delivering impact.
Presight is an operating company of G42, UAE’s leading AI and Cloud Computing company that champions AI as drivers that power progress, propelled by the combination of exceptional people and technology.
Reporting to the Manager Backend Engineering, Analytics, you will design business specific software components and modules using appropriate modelling techniques in line with agreed software design standards, patterns and methodology.
- Create and communicate multiple design views to identify and balance the concerns of all stakeholders of software design and allow for both functional & non-functional requirements.
- Model or simulate the behavior of proposed software to enable approval by stakeholders and facilitate effective construction of the software.
- Design, code, verify, test, document, amend and re-factor complex programs/scripts and integration software services.
- Define and manage scoping, requirement definition and prioritization activities for small-scale changes and assist with more complex change initiatives.
- Follow agreed standards and apply appropriate techniques to elicit and document detailed requirements.
- Contribute to the appropriate selection of a software development approach—predictive (plan-driven) or adaptive (iterative/agile).
- Design test cases and test scripts mapping back to pre-determined criteria, clearly recording and reporting outcomes.
- Develop and maintain specialist knowledge of database and data warehouse concepts, design principles, architecture, software and facilities.
- Develop optimal solutions to enhance user experience, optimizing for maximum speed, scalability and technical feasibility.
- Participate in overall architecture discussion meetings to gain a detailed understanding of the complete architecture of a product and its functionalities.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
Skills and attributes for success
The yardsticks of your performance would include cost savings achieved, reduction in productivity loss, number of processes optimized, number of defect free tasks, adherence to policies, procedures & quality standards, and customer NPS.
To qualify, you must have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Minimum 6 years of experience in software engineering with strong computer science fundamentals
- At least 3 years of experience in Agile development methodologies in an AI service organization or analytics industry
- Experience in the following tech stack:
- Spring Boot
- Apache Spark
Ideally, you’ll also need
- In-depth market and domain knowledge
- A passion for constant improvement
- An innovative and creative approach to problem-solving
- Excellent communication skills
What we look for:
If you are a performance-driven, inquisitive mind with the agility to adapt to ambiguity, you will fit right in. You should be eager to explore opportunities to build meaningful collaborations with stakeholders and aspire to create unique customer-centric solutions. Bias for action and a passion to conquer new frontiers in the AI space is at the heart of the G42 community.
What working at G42 offers:
Culture: An open, diverse and inclusive environment with a global vision that encourages personal growth and focuses on ground-breaking, industry-first innovations.
Career: Outstanding learning, development & growth opportunities via structured training programs and innovative, high-tech projects.
Rewards: A competitive remuneration package with a host of perks including healthcare, education support, leave benefits and more.
G42 is a global leader in creating visionary artificial intelligence for a better tomorrow. Born in Abu Dhabi and operating across the world, G42 champions AI as a powerful force for good. Its people are constantly reimagining what technology can do, applying advanced thinking and innovation to accelerate progress and tackle society’s most pressing problems.
G42 is driving change in the region and beyond, joining forces with nations, corporations and individuals to create the infrastructure for tomorrow’s world. From molecular medicine to space travel and everything in between, G42 realizes exponential possibilities, today.
To confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us.
G42 is the force that gets you further. Join us.