Group 42 is an Abu Dhabi based artificial intelligence (AI) and cloud computing company, uniquely positioned in the international ecosystem to develop and deploy holistic and scalable AI solutions.
G42 Healthcare is committed to developing a world-class, sustainable healthcare sector in the UAE and globally. At the forefront in the battle against the pandemic, G42 Healthcare partnered with Abu Dhabi authorities to develop a massive throughput laboratory in 14 days and spearheaded the world’s first Phase 3 clinical trial of COVID-19 inactivated vaccine. Beyond Covid-19, G42 Healthcare is also developing a wide range of activities to support the health of future generations – ranging from genomics, environmental sciences, advanced diagnostics to digitization programs, manufacturing and cutting-edge research.
As Cloud Engineer in our team, you will be responsible for working collaboratively with various Business units, Cloud and IT team to deploy and operate our systems. You will help automate and streamline our operations and processes; building and maintaining tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
- You will be working on IAAS automation on public and private cloud space.
- You will be working on automating the regular server deployments, patching, image repository, reporting.
- You will be developing dashboards , reports , presentations , insights from daw data from ready database or by pulling data from tools and systems.
- You will be architecting and implementing the cloud solution.
- You maintain scalable and robust CI/CD framework.
- You are proactive, ensuring issues are tracked appropriately in the ticket management system.
- You are a Team-Player, working with engineers and QA to ensure that issues are resolved, and fixes deployed, in a timely fashion.
- You are detailed, maintaining suitable deployment-specific support documentation.
- You have knowledge of best practices and IT operations following ITIL framework and Agile methodologies.
- You transform ambiguity into clarity.
- You enjoy collaborating in a multicultural and diverse environment that expands to include various geographic locations.
- You have stellar communication skills, effectively expressing yourself. You convey and receive information in a clear, credible, and consistent manner.
- Complete end-to-end ownership from requirements to go-live.
- Managing stakeholders and driving business goals.
- Willing to take challenges and step out of comfort zone.
- A high level of attention to detail and the ability to produce accurate and consistent engineering documentation.
- A desire to contribute to and maintain the company values and culture and ability to work collaboratively across cross cultural team.
- Minimum 4+years’ experience in Cloud (on-prem & public) Infrastructure and DevOps.
- Strong working experience in core infrastructure with experience in Compute, Cloud (OnPrem & AWS/Azure/GCP, Network, Storage, Cyber Security, ITIL process and policy making.
- Experience in developing Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery pipelines (CI/ CD).
- Experience in building health and performance monitoring systems.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix/Windows/Storage/Network Devices Administration.
- Operational knowledge in vulnerability management – patching, hardening, micro segmentation.
- Solid hands-on knowledge of Configuration Management and Deployment tools such as Puppet/Chef, Ansible, Terraform etc.
- Solid hands-on knowledge of Dockers and Container Orchestration tools such as Kubernetes, Rancher, Docker Swarm.
- Proficient in scripting languages like Shell, Jason, Java, Python and Git workflows.
- Working knowledge on Power BI / Tableau / reporting tool is advantageous.
- Working knowledge in any database query language is advantageous.